Last updated July 27, 2022
Information We Collect
We may collect several types of personally identifying information from and about you, including your name, phone number, email address, shipping address, billing address, account information, credit card information, and IP address, as well as information that falls within the categories below:
Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers
Categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records Act
Name, signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number or any other financial information
Characteristics of protected classifications
Sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and age
Records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
Internet or other electronic network activity
Browsing history, search history and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement
Physical location or movements
Audio, electronic, visual or similar information
Education information including, to the extent not publicly available, the consumer’s name, the address of the consumer, personal identifiers (such as student numbers), and indirect identifiers (such as the consumer’s date of birth, place of birth and mother’s maiden name)
Inferences drawn from personal information
Inferences drawn from any of the aforementioned types of personal information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes
Collectively, any information described above or otherwise collected from you is referred to herein as “Personal Information”. Any Personal Information we collect from you through the Sites or otherwise is collected pursuant to our legitimate business purposes, including to provide you with high quality products and services, marketing materials, product support, and other goods and services you may request from us.
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information:
- Directly from you if and when you provide it to us, including through any contact page on the Sites, if you create an account with us, when you register or interact with the Sites, through e-mail and subscription services, when you submit images, photos, videos or other content to the Sites, if you order a product from us, if you participate in an activity such as a survey or sweepstakes, or if you call us to place an order or ask questions;
- Automatically as you navigate through our Sites through cookies and other automatic forms of data collection. Personal Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and other information collected through automatic processes;
- From third parties, including through our referral programs, or if a customer ships goods to you or uses your payment information for such goods; and
- From publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law. For example, if you connect your account to your social media networks or reference our products on social media networks.
We hold the information that we collect indefinitely, unless you ask us to alter or delete the information. However, we do not retain your payment information after processing a payment unless you grant us permission to do so, such as by providing us with a Credit Card Authorization Form. Additionally, financial information collected from you is only used to bill you for the products and services you have purchased, for payment processing and for fraud prevention.
Information Collected through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your browsing patterns, devices and equipment, including:
- Information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and
- Details of your visits to the Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data; how you accessed the Sites; the type of device used to access the Sites; the resources and content that you access and use on the Sites; click patterns; the amount of time you spent on the Sites or parts thereof; search words used to find the Sites; and the dates and times you accessed the Sites.
We do not use this information to personally identify you, and such information is not readily usable for that purpose. However, this information may contain Personal Information. We aggregate this information to diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, administer the Sites, to track consumers’ movement and use, and to gather broad demographic information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Sites. Information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
- Beacons. Beacons communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be imbedded in online content, emails, and videos and can allow a server to know when you have viewed certain content, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, your IP address, and read certain information from your device.
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings or signals. We do not currently take actions to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. It is our view that a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We may adopt such standard once one is created.
How We Use Personal Information
We use information you or your device provide us or that we collect about you in the following ways:
- To present the Sites and their content to you;
- To maintain, evaluate and improve the Sites and the services and products we offer and sell;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that you have expressed an interest in;
- To communicate with you regarding orders, deliveries, and your activity on the Sites;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- For fraud prevention;
- To bill you for products that you have purchased and to process payments;
- To notify you about changes to the Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through them;
- To maintain and manage your account;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Sites;
- To conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior;
- To perform analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of the Sites and our business;
- To publish our own marketing and promotional materials;
- To invite you to, and register you for, events and seminars;
- To provide you with offers and information about the Sites and our affiliates;
- To subscribe you to receive marketing materials and communications;
- To deliver targeted advertising, promotions and offers, on behalf of ourselves and advertisers, on and off the Sites;
- To allow social sharing functionality, by sharing your information, activities and comments with other users of the Sites;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We may contract with various third parties who help us provide, maintain, monitor, optimize and improve the Sites and the services we provide and the services and products we offer and sell. We may also use third party contractors to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and communications. These third parties might require access to your Personal Information to perform their services.
We may also disclose non-Personal Information, in aggregate form, to potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, customers, contractors, related companies, and others.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about users is among the assets transferred;
- To our affiliates and business partners;
- To social media services if you log into the Sites with a social media service or if you connect a social media account with the Sites;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- To ship and deliver any orders you place with us;
- To publish our own marketing and promotional materials;
- If required by applicable law;
- To enforce or apply the Terms and Other Policies and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety and that of our clients or others;
- To comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, other legal obligation or a regulatory or government inquiry;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
Any third party to which we provide your Personal Information will be subject to commercially reasonable confidentiality and non-disclosure requirements. We require such parties to protect your information to the same degree that we protect such information and as required under applicable law, and we prohibit them from using or disclosing your Personal Information except for the purpose of providing services or to comply with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that these third parties will use this information in accordance with their own privacy policies, which we have no control over. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions.
Additionally, we provide our related companies, such as subsidiaries, parent companies or sister companies, access to our customer information in order to better provide you with goods and services.
We have not disclosed any Personal Information for a business purpose in the last twelve months. Additionally, we have not sold any Personal Information in the last twelve months.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we implement reasonable measures and follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Sites, or thereafter. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer or mobile device. Be sure to sign-off when finished using a shared computer or mobile device and use other reasonable measures to secure your sensitive information. We are not responsible for the unauthorized acts of others and we assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access (such as through hacking), other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our control.
Links to Third Party Sites
Our Sites and the services and products we offer and sell are intended for people 18 years or older. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from minors under the age of 18. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you, your parent, or your legal guardian may request that we delete any of your Personal Information and opt-out from receiving communications from us. Parents of minors or children may request deactivation of Personal Information. To request deletion of Personal Information collected from a user under the age of 18, please contact us at 1-888-434-2471 or contact Legal@bht-usa.com
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertising or marketing communications. For more information about targeted advertising, please visit the following website: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
SMS/MMS Mobile Messaging Marketing Program
We respect your privacy. We will only use information you provide through the Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect Our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, We may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following address:
Beauty Hair Trading Inc.
20380 Gramercy Place
Torrance, CA 90501
California Privacy Rights
Shine the Light Protection
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, if applicable. To make such a request, please email us at Legal@bht-usa.com and mention that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
Consumers protected by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) have specific rights regarding their Personal Information.
Access to Specific Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the last 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share the Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold about you in the last 12 months and, for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom that particular category of Personal Information was sold
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose in the last 12 months and, for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom that particular category of Personal Information was disclosed for a business purpose
We are not required to provide you with these disclosures more than twice within a 12-month period.
If we deny your request for specific pieces of Personal Information, in whole or in part, because of a conflict with applicable laws or an exception to the CCPA, we will inform you and explain the basis for the denial.
At no point will we ever disclose pursuant to a request a consumer’s social security number, driver’s license number, other government-issued identification number, financial account number, health insurance or medical identification number, account password, security questions and answers, or unique biometric data generated from measurements or technical analysis of human characteristics. If applicable, we will notify you in response to a request for information that we have collected such information from you.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you. Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request to delete your Personal Information, we will delete such information and direct our service providers to delete your information from their records, subject to certain exceptions provided in the CCPA including, but not limited to, if it is necessary for us or our service providers to maintain the Personal Information in order to:
(1) complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us;
(2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
(3) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
(4) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
(5) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
(6) engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
(7) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
(8) to comply with a legal obligation; or
(9) otherwise use your information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
We use a two-step process for requests to delete Personal Information. First, you must make a verifiable consumer request. After receiving your request, we will contact you to separately confirm that you want your Personal Information deleted. We will contact you further once your Personal Information has been deleted.
If we cannot verify the identity of the person requesting deletion of Personal Information, we may deny the request and will inform the requestor we cannot verify their identity. If we deny your request to delete Personal Information, we will notify you of the reasons why. We will delete any part of your Personal Information not covered by the exception allowing us to deny deletion of a portion of your Personal Information.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
The CCPA provides consumers certain rights with respect to opting out of the sale of Personal Information. We do not sell your Personal Information.
If you are covered by the CCPA, we will not discriminate against you merely because you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. Except as permitted by the CCPA, we will not, merely because you have exercised your rights under the CCPA, do any of the following:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or by imposing penalties;
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
To request your right to disclosure or deletion of the Personal Information we have collected about you, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by calling us at 1-888-434-2471 or by emailing us at Legal@bht-usa.com. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices, please email us at Legal@bht-usa.com.
A verifiable consumer request can only be made by you, by you on behalf of your minor child, or by a person or entity registered with the California Secretary of State authorized by you to act on your behalf. In order to ensure we are able to promptly respond to your request, your request should include sufficient information that allows us to verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or that you are an authorized representative of such person (including, for example, your full name, email address, and mailing address) and a detailed description of what you are requesting. We will review the identifying information provided in your request against information contained in our records to verify the request. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you must provide us proof in the form of a signed, written authorization of the authorized agent’s ability to act on your behalf. You must also provide us with your full name, email address and mailing address to enable us to verify your identity.
We will confirm receipt of your verifiable consumer request within 10 business days of our receipt. We will also provide you with information about our verification process and when you should expect a response.
We will disclose and deliver the Personal Information required within 45 days of receiving your verifiable consumer request. Should we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will notify you of the extension and the reasons for the delay. The disclosure will cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your verifiable consumer request. If you have an account with us, we will make the disclosure through your account. If you do not have an account with us, we will make the disclosure electronically or by mail, at your option.
If requests from you are manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee to respond to your request or we may refuse to act on the request. If we choose not to take action on your request, we will notify you of the reasons behind our decision.
Changing Your Personal Information
You may make changes to your Personal Information through your account on the Sites, or by contacting us at 1-888-434-2471 or Legal@bht-usa.com.
Opting-Out From Receiving Communications From the Sites
You may opt-out from having your Personal Information used for certain purposes. If you no longer wish to receive any promotional or other communications from us, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in the email communication if provided or by contacting us at 1-888-434-2471 or Legal@bht-usa.com
Consumers with Disabilities
A consumer with a disability may also contact Client Services at 888-434-2471 to access this policy in an alternative format.